Kitsap Goat Yoga
Why Goat Yoga?
Why not? Humans have lived in harmony with animals for 10,000 years. Animals have unique personalities and a life unfettered by experiences of humans. They live a simple life, where the necessities of food, water, safety and shelter are their only true concern. Love, affections and attention feed their souls, just like ours. When these needs are met, a goat is free to be truly happy, just being with them invites you into their sense of peaceful grounding. Their energy combined with human energy created while performing yoga creates a magical synergy of bliss, happiness, joy and any other synonyms you can think of that creates a "feeling or state of well-being and contentment". It's also beneficial to your mind by allowing you time to step outside of your daily life and into a place filled with laughter. Try not to giggle while a baby goat is nibbling on your ear lobe while you are stretching into your downward dog. It's ok, you don't have to get the pose right or even stay with it, this little love bug chose to give you some attention, feel free to return the favor (but please don't nibble on it's ear). Laughter is the best medicine, so why not laugh out loud and nourish your soul with a little goat love.
- Saturdays 10am, noon and 2pm.
- Classes are limited to 15 persons and no children under 12 years of age please. (Waiver required).
- Sessions are $35 (plus WA State Tax & fees)/ person and can be scheduled using the "Book Now" button. They can not be done over the phone or by email. All payment info goes through the scheduling software.
- Looking to host just your group? Team building, bachelorette parties, tour groups, birthday parties, ect - can all be a Private session.
- Privates are limited to a group of 15 and can include children.
- Please note, there are no adjustments for smaller groups.
- Reservation are requested by email only, please include requested date and time (10am, Noon, 2pm). I highly recommend viewing the scheduler to check for "open" session prior to emailing, find the session you'd like from the offered sessions, open will offer "15 spots available". If there are less than that, folks are already registered for that class and can not be a private. Once you send the date and time, if it is still an open session, I will block that session and send a payment link for your private session.
- Please use this link for payment, do not buy out the class (it gets confusing on my side).
- Privates are $525 (plus WA State Tax and fees) for a Saturday session. Privates are possible on other days, but do include a $75 cleaning fee as it takes me 3 hours to prepare the barn for yoga. Please email to discuss options for scheduling.
- Handwash stations and hand sanitizer
- Yoga Mats (we prefer you use ours)
What else should I know?
- Yoga mats will be provided for you, please do not bring your own yoga mat.
- Classes are limited to 15 people.
- 45 minutes of Yoga instruction followed by 15 minutes of cuddles, selfies and farm discussion.
- On the way in and out of session, you'll have an opportunity to meet some of the critters of "The Shyre". The dogs, cats, turkeys, sheep and adult goats are all wandering around.
- Children should be 12 years of age or older to participate. All children under 18 must have a responsible adult to sign their waiver.
- You will have time with the goats after class to get your cuddle quotient and a second chance at any missed photo opts.
- Selfies during class are encouraged! Cuteness doesn't wait, so don't miss that shot. Don't worry, you won't get in trouble for not paying attention to the teacher. We'd love to see it too, so please tag "The Smithshyre" in all your social media happenings here. #kitsapgoatyoga is now also a hashtag.
- Don't wear white or something you would be upset with being stained. Goats aren't good at wiping their feet before they jump on your back or belly, they're used to dirty toes. Dress comfortably, bring a layer or two, the PNW weather is unpredictable and even if the class is in the barn, we cannot be assured it will be warm.
- Please tie any long hair up in a tight bun or something similar. "Goat dreads" are a free service offered by our caprine friends. Yes, it's cute while it's happening, but it's behavior we strongly discourage. So just gently remove your hair from their mouth and they'll go on to the next thing that looks fun. Hoods are highly encouraged.
- **Please note that refunds are not available**. Please check your schedule before scheduling your visit. I do not like having to make this policy, but after so many "no shows" and strict rules from our payment system, I'm just trying to find the best path. Online payment systems change disbursement schedules based on refunds and I cannot afford to be paid once monthly as I buy hay weekly & feed 2x a month. So I highly depend on the weekly payment system. Visits can be rescheduled or cancelled at the bottom of your confirmation email within 48 hours of scheduled visit. A lot of effort goes into preparing for your visit and a visit is very difficult to rebook once it has been cancelled. Thank you for understanding.