Kitsap Goat Yoga
Why Goat Yoga?
Why not? Humans have lived in harmony with animals for 10,000 years. Animals have unique personalities and a life unfettered by experiences of humans. They live a simple life, where the necessities of food, water, safety and shelter are their only true concern. Love, affections and attention feed their souls, just like ours. When these needs are met, a goat is free to be truly happy, just being with them invites you into their sense of peaceful grounding. Their energy combined with human energy created while performing yoga creates a magical synergy of bliss, happiness, joy and any other synonyms you can think of that creates a "feeling or state of well-being and contentment". It's also beneficial to your mind by allowing you time to step outside of your daily life and into a place filled with laughter. Try not to giggle while a baby goat is nibbling on your ear lobe while you are stretching into your downward dog. It's ok, you don't have to get the pose right or even stay with it, this little love bug chose to give you some attention, feel free to return the favor (but please don't nibble on it's ear). Laughter is the best medicine, so why not laugh out loud and nourish your soul with a little goat love.
- Saturdays 10am, noon and 2pm.
- Classes are limited to 12 persons and no children under 12 years of age please. (Waiver required).
- Sessions are $35 / person and can be scheduled above (Plus WA State Tax).
- Private events available. Inquiry by email. $400 for group of 12, + $30 additional folk up to 16 total (plus WA State Tax).
- Yoga Mats (we prefer you use ours)
What else should I know?
- Yoga mats will be provided for you, please do not bring your own yoga mat.
- Classes are limited to 16 people.
- 45 minutes of Yoga instruction with a professional instructor.
- There a short farm tour after class for those interested in life on "The Shyre" and to meet the rest of the zoo.
- Children should be 12 years of age or older to participate. All children under 18 must have a responsible adult to sign their waiver.
- You will have time with the goats after class to get your cuddle quotient and a second chance at any missed photo opts.
- Selfies during class are encouraged! Cuteness doesn't wait, so don't miss that shot. Don't worry, you won't get in trouble for not paying attention to the teacher. We'd love to see it too, so please tag "The Smithshyre" in all your social media happenings here. #kitsapgoatyoga is now also a hashtag.
- Don't wear white or something you would be upset with being stained. Goats aren't good at wiping their feet before they jump on your back or belly, they're used to dirty toes. Dress comfortably, bring a layer or two, the PNW weather is unpredictable and even if the class is in the barn, we cannot be assured it will be warm.
- Please tie any long hair up in a tight bun or something similar. "Goat dreads" are a free service offered by our caprine friends. Yes, it's cute while it's happening, but it's behavior we strongly discourage. So just gently remove your hair from their mouth and they'll go on to the next thing that looks fun. Hoods are highly encouraged.
- **Please note that refunds are not available**. Please check your schedule well before scheduling your visit. We do not like having to make this policy, but after so many "no shows" and strict rules from our payment system, we are trying to find the best path. Online payment systems change payment schedules based on refunds, we cannot afford to be paid once monthly as we buy feed 2x a month. We highly depend on the weekly payment system. Visits can be rescheduled or cancelled at the bottom of your confirmation email within 24 hours of scheduled visit. A lot of effort goes into preparing for your visit and a visit is very difficult to rebook once it has been cancelled. Thank you for understanding.