Happy Spring everybody! Goat Yoga is back!!! See below for scheduling.
Stay tuned for class announcements and “Like” Kitsap Goat Yoga on Facebook for the all the updates straight to your phone.
Black Bird Yoga reservations Our yoga instructor Amanda, also teaches Aerial yoga and offers a $5 discount to her classes if you are a Goat Yoga attendee. Click the link to sign up for a class.
Why Goat Yoga?
Why not? Humans have lived in harmony with animals for 10,000 years. Animals have unique personalities and a life unfettered by experiences of humans. They live a simple life, where the necessities of food, water, safety and shelter are their only true concern. Love, affections and attention feed their souls, just like ours. When these needs are met, a goat is free to be truly happy, just being with them invites you into their sense of peaceful grounding. Their energy combined with human energy created while performing yoga creates a magical synergy of bliss, happiness, joy and any other synonyms you can think of that creates a “feeling or state of well-being and contentment”. It’s also beneficial to your mind by allowing you time to step outside of your daily life and into a place filled with laughter. Try not to giggle while a baby goat is nibbling on your ear lobe while you are stretching into your downward dog. It’s ok, you don’t have to get the pose right or even stay with it, this little love bug chose to give you some attention, feel free to return the favor (but please don’t nibble on it’s ear). Laughter is the best medicine, so why not laugh out loud and nourish your soul with a little goat love.
Classes are :
March: Tuesday’s at 10am.
April will expand to add Saturdays (noon and 2pm) and Sundays (2pm only)
Classes are limited to 6 persons and no children under 12 years of age please. (Waiver required).
Sessions are $35 / person and can be scheduled here.
Private events available. Inquiry by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yoga Mats (we prefer you use ours)
Photos credit: The wonderful Mr. Logan Westom. Specializing in furry friend portraits.
What else should I know?
- Yoga mats will be provided for you, please do not bring your own yoga mat.
- Classes are limited to 6 people (during Covid Phase 3).
- 45 minutes of Yoga instruction with a professional instructor.
- There a short farm tour after class for those interested in life on The Shyre.
- Children should be 12 years of age or older to participate.
- You will have time with the goats after class to get your cuddle quotient and a second chance at any missed photo opts.
- Selfies during class are encouraged! Cuteness doesn’t wait, so don’t miss that shot. Don’t worry, you won’t get in trouble for not paying attention to the teacher. We’d love to see it too, so please tag “The Smithshyre” in all your social media happenings here.
- Don’t wear white or something you would be upset with being stained. Goats aren’t good at wiping their feet before they jump on your back or belly, they’re used to dirty toes. Dress comfortably, bring a layer or two, the PNW weather is unpredictable and even if the class is in the barn, we cannot be assured it will be warm.
- Please tie any long hair up in a tight bun or something similar. “Goat dreads” are a free service offered by our caprine friends. Yes, it’s cute while it’s happening, but it’s behavior we strongly discourage. So just gently remove your hair from their mouth and they’ll go on to the next thing that looks fun. Hoods are highly encouraged.
Goat love is addictive. You may find yourself thinking about that little cutie you were cuddling at goat yoga while you should be finishing that report at work. You might even find yourself scheming about how to get your next goat lov’n fix. Just don’t lie to yourself or others; we knew this was going to happen. Luckily for your, the goats are actually good for you! And they love to cuddle as much as you do. And unlike other addictions, they truly do love you back.
The Smithshyre – Poulsbo, Washington
Located approximately one hour from Seattle, we are easily accessible via one of 3 ferries (Kingston, Bainbridge Island, or Bremerton). Just 5 minutes from SR 3 on Bond Road (SR 307).
After your session, we encourage you to take in the wonders of our Scandinavian heritage town less than 5 miles from the farm. Treat yourself to some homeade lefsa or freshly baked pastries at the world famous Sly’s Bakery, pamper yourself with some luxurious goat milk soap at E.D.I.T. or maybe enjoy some adult beverages at any of our 7 local breweries. Anyway you spend your day in Poulsbo, it’s sure to be one you will always remember.
Puget Sound Goat Yoga Kitsap Goat Yoga